Documenting Change: Industry and Business in Troy and Rensselaer County, NY
Records, 1872-1969 (inclusive) 1930-1960 (bulk)
Extent: 1.5 linear ft.
Historical Note: Ludlow Valve produced sluice valves, foot valves, check valves, and hydrants. It was founded by Henry G. Ludlow in 1866 in Waterford and moved to Lansingburgh in 1872. Not many years thereafter it relocated to the foot of Adams Street in Troy where it continued to operate until the business was closed in 1969.
Scope and Content: Includes stockholders, financial reports, balance sheets, correspondence, catalogs and promotional materials, annual reports, order and transaction books. Also includes material on the Rensselaer Valve Company.
Location: Institute Archives and Special Collections, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY 12180
Materials outside the Capital District: The Special Collections Department of the University of California, Santa Barbara, Library has some trade catalogs of the Ludlow Valve Manufacturing Company in its trade catalog collection.
The Archives Center of the National Museum of American History at the Smithsonian Institution, Washington D.C. has a folder of promotional materials of Ludlow Valve in the Warshaw Collection of Business Americana.